- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetable. You will get the best results with carrot, cauliflower, french beans and potato
- 150 grams green beans
- 3 sliced onions
- 2 Thinly sliced green chillies (reduce or increase for the level of hotness)
- Salt to taste
- 1 table spoon Cinnamon
- 1 Caraway seeds
- 4 cloves
- ½ table spoon Black pepper powder
- 4 tomato’s
- ½ cup curd (Yoghurt)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ table spoons of mustard seeds
- 3 table spoons of dry fruit (mix of raisins and nuts)
- Wash the rice and leave it in water for 10 minutes.
- Cook the rice with 3 ½ cups of water. With this quantity of water the rice will be cooked when the water is dry.
- If you think this procedure is too difficult, then you can cook the rice in 5-6 cups of water and check for firmness of rice. When the rice is soft, then you can use a sieve and take rinse the rice out of the excess water.
- cut the vegetables in small pieces and fry these together with green peas.
- Fry the spices with green chillies for half minute. Now Add chopped onions to the spices. Keep frying till the color of the the onions changes to light brown and tender
- Add salt and red chillies to taste
- Add Yoghurt and stir for 4-5 minutes on low heat till everything has mixed properly. You should see any lumps of yoghurt.
- Add to this the fried vegetables, you are already cooked and mix it all together.
- In a separate pan place ⅓ rice on the bottom. On top of this place ⅓ vegetables and on top of this place the sliced tomato’s. Repeat this process for the rest of the rice, vegetables and tomato’s.
- Leave this all on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Mix it all together and it is ready to eat.
Vegetable Biryani is usually served with Yoghurt sauce or raita. Some onion and tomato salad complements the dish.
Useful External Links
There is a lot of useful and interesting information available on Wikipedia about Biryani and the origins of Biryani. It is an interesting read. Enjoy.
Vegetable Biryani Recipe Video by the famous Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
Rating and Reviews about Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Please help us and others by leaving your reviews and rating about this Vegetable Biryani Recipe.Vegetable Biryani Recipe,